Create a secure password protection for your homepage.
With the program Homepage Password you create a password protection that works independently of the homepage and the browser.
The program creates a .htaccess and .htpasswd file. Copy these two files into a directory in the homepage and the browser asks for a password.
Htaccess files are server configuration files for directories. Htaccess files always apply to the directory in which they are stored, as well as to all subdirectories thereof and their subdirectories. If you want different rules in one of the subdirectories, you will have to save an htaccess file there. The details of the current file overwrite the information of htaccess files from the directories above.
The password protection consists of the two files:
- .htaccess - This file sets the access protection for the directory in which it is located and everything under it.
- .htpasswd - This file contains the user names with the corresponding passwords. All user names with the passwords are stored in the htpasswd file. The passwords are not stored as text but encrypted.
For example: [user1:$1$yY1o2ryg$dCncDtwwaaA81xnVSYbjl.]
No access to the website
- Under Options, the wrong server type can be set. (Linux or Windows)
- The server distinguishes between upper and lower case, so the password is secret and secret or does not mean the same password, the same applies to the username.
- The server path is wrong. If the file is not found, every password is wrong.
- The access restriction (and any other control over .htaccess) will only work if this option has been enabled by the administrator of the server.
|Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP je 32-Bit & 64-Bit||3,0||2,59 MB|
The free trial version is available unrestricted time. Only the number of users and the password length is restricted.
|From the trial version is by entering the activation data an unrestricted full version.||18,50 EUR VAT included.|
The activation data will be sent by e-mail.